Thursday 28 April 2016

OUGD603 Extended Practice Brief 10 Archer Animation Collection and Selection of Quotes

Because we are all big Archer Fans we collected the quote stat we thought were most representative of the show and put them in a google doc.
We then talked through what these quotes needed to do and how they needed to be understood from a non fan's perspective but also not isolate people familiar with Archer. We highlighted the ones we felt were the best in yellow, ones we illuminated in red and possibilities in green. We kept a number of options although we intend to create three or so animations because there are other limitation such as the quality of sound sample we can get that might mean we need to change our selected quotes.

  1. “All I’ve had today is like, six gummy bears and some scotch”

  1. “Holy shit snacks”
  2. “I’m not slurring my words, I’m talking in cursive”
  3. “If I stop drinking all at once I’m afraid the cumulative hangover would kill me”
  4. "Are you kidding? Dude. Bros before apparent threats to national security."
  5. “Lana, I've never had a death wish, it's just that I don't believe that I personally even can die.”
  6. “You killed a black astronaut Cyril, that's like killing a unicorn!”
  7. “If I wanted to hear you people scream, I'd have you flown to a CIA black site in Morocco and listen to your torture session on speakerphone!”
  8. “Just the tip!”
  9. “Why are your plans always so complicated? You're like Wyle E Coyote with access to predator drones.”
  10. “Something, something, danger zone! I know. I’m not even trying anymore.”
  11. “Cyril, I paid her, I get to carry her corpse.”
  12. “Guys, come on. Can't we have one poker night without a hate crime?”
  13. “You're gay! I mean, I am, too. We're both gay.”
  14. “Remember when the office shut down and we spent an entire year as coke
  15. dealers?”
  16. “I'm getting my turtleneck. I'm not defusing a bomb in this!”
  17. Lana: “Okay, that was a fluke.”
    Sterling: “Yeah, a fluke of nature. Because I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words.”
  18. “I mean is Is it too much to ask during the goddamn work day for 80 minutes each of uninterrupted dump time?”
  19. “No, no, turn it on. I can do both.”
  20. “Well, I hope you're happy because I feel like a total dick, and kind of a racist. And I resent you making me feel like that...because I'm not a racist.”
  21. “That wasn't a brain chip. That was a just a sticker of the backpack of a little Lego spaceman.”
  22. “Malory: “It's okay! They're just blanks.”
    Lana: “Well, see, you say that …”
    Malory: “But they were blanks—weren't they?”
    Sterling: “Only if the back of his skull picked that exact moment to explode outwards”
  23. “I couldn't hear you over the sound of this gigantic freakin' tank!”

No comments:

Post a Comment