Using the content from the SU I put together a simple mock up of page order and the role symbols. Creating a set of the orbit paths that could sit on a white background was part of this design.
I used the risograph texture to replace what has been negative space.
Billie then took this very basic plan and developed the page layouts and text.
We tried a benumbed of approaches but fond that the continuity of the blue risograph texture at the start set up a better sense of continuity even if it was not continued throughout the publication.
Billie found a great body copy font to work with the Futura called century.
We played with vertical layouts but upon talking to the SU we found that we cannot do that with text, its part of designing for a possibly dyslexic audience.
We created risograph textures for each of the role colours and used them on the footers and titles of each page.