Wednesday 13 April 2016

OUGD603 Extended Practice Brief 01 SU Part 3 Trophies and Thumbnails

Another student Helen(vis com) has been working on the trophies that will be awarded to the winners. I thought it important to look at what she was making and to consider aligning my certificate designs with them.
The designs are a composite of the Staff and Student awards logo and the college logo. Each trophy uses a different edge as its base. I asked Helen to send me the laser cut files to see if I could use them in the designs.
Taking these shapes I generated a few thumbnails to get down the different possible combinations of these forms.

At this point I started thinking of the way that these three certificates should be connected in their visual in a manner that communicates a hierarchy. This could be done using the colour hierarchy that I have already identified in the design for the awards this year. I also had the idea that the shortlisted and nominated certificates could be zoomed in fragments of the winner certificate, connecting them but creating distinct visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment