Tuesday, 4 November 2014

OUGD504 Studio Brief 03 A Brief History Of... Further Type Improvements and Changes From Crit Suggestions

After the feedback of today's crit I have gone back to my hand rendered type again and change the R that was seen to be a problem by most today.
 The most specific advice I got was to increase the weight of the up stroke on the r so that it had greater presence on the page.
So, I tried a few different things. First widening the stem...
 And then increasing the upper section of the r...


 I tried increasing the weight of the stem even further to see its breaking point and indeed I think I found it!
So, I returned to the moderately increased stem and  I think this is the best result.
 I also had a go as filling in the upper loop of the s to give it greater weight at the top, I also think this is an improvement but I will get a few peoples opinions tomorrow to make sure,
I also tried out a different proportion of main logo to the walk logos and I agree that this works a lot better. It could even stand to be a bit more of a contrast.

No comments:

Post a comment