Monday 3 November 2014

OUGD504 Studio Brief 03 A Brief History Of... Typographic Alterations

I knew something was wrong with the lettering so I asked around in the studio and got a few different opinions. People cites the e and the a in earth as the dominant problem which I hand't though of but wen it was brought to my attention I can see that it doesn't meld with the rest of the text.
 I completely removed the existing e and re drew it digitally, aligning the axis that I took from the other letters.


I also rounded off the top corners of the a to keep it looking similar to the other letters anatomically. 


I think this has made a lot of difference to the overall look of the text and I will go back into the studio tomorrow and ask peoples opinions about any more changes that might need to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment