Tuesday 18 March 2014

OUGD404 Design Principles Digital Development of Colour and Grid Spread

 I started out for the grid layout with the print out of the content to gauge the amount of space the content would take up and the percentage of text to image.


I took the 4 column grid that I used in the colour layout development to create some thumbnails.


I took the most promising thumbnail and mocked it up in in design and printed it out to get the best visual understanding of what needed to change.

I feel that the two columns in the centre of the spread weigh down the layout too much and the reflected alignment of the text makes it seem as if the right page is upside down, confusing the eye. Also i am becoming increasing y uncertain about the change of alignment between the body text and the quotes. Although both look good, when put together they clash quite a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment