Once I had followed through on all of the design outlines I had decided on for the website design, I went ahead and mocked them up in context.
The scale I decided on seems to function fairly well, allowing a sense of space but to fit a lot of content as well. The idea being that these content pages would act like patterned versions of a pinterest page, where new shapes appear above the old moving the pattern down to create a cascade of content. this would work with each of the patterns and pages that I have created.
I feel like I have gone far outside of my comfort zone with this set of designs but have managed to achieve something that I really like.