Wednesday 5 February 2014

OUGD406 Studio Brief 01 Brief and First Thoughts

The main thing I need to bare in mind during this brief is the fact that although I am designing a record cover, its purpose is completely different to that of a commercial record cover. The difference is obviously major in that although I will shaping the design around the artist and the song I should not make it too obvious otherwise the whole point of secret 7" is undermined. It seems to me there is a careful balance that needs to be achieved. My design needs to be obscure enough to keep people wondering but also linked closely enough with the song or the artist so that when and if the buyer opens up the record they make the connections and its almost a moment of revelation. Most of al I want to attempt to capture the essence of the artist and the song, to achieve an overall look which fits with the genre and identity. This can only be achieved through lots of analysis, which I intend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment