Tuesday, 15 March 2016

OUGD603 Extended Practice Brief 03 Botanical Collaboration

Collaboration Partner: Jess Wood

This project has been on hold for quite a while due to the context of practice module. However, I did bring along some of the work we had done to the latest extended practice crit. I showed them the work so far and also an old botanical type project that I did at the beginning of first year that I was thinking of developing for this project, or simply using as a reference point.


It was agreed that scaling down the project was wise and focussing on the publication a good idea. It was also suggested that a fully design and function body copy font was a big stretch and that perhaps (after looking at the 1st year project) creating a set of capitals to work with the Baskerville font would work better. these could act as almost illuminated capitals in the layout and use the negative space of the designs to interact with the illustrations. This is a great I sea and I think I will revisit the old project and extract what I feel will work and look at creating just that.

No comments:

Post a comment