Thursday, 12 February 2015

OUGD503 Responsive Studio Brief 01 Individual Practice Leeds Arts Party Website Changes to the Banner

Although I had already done the 'banner' on the website that told people about the date and place of the I had doubts about the legibility of the Leeds College of art banner and the dominating size of the banners. This was re affirmed when Fran (the illustrator) said that they felt a little large. So I went back to the drawing board and played around with them some more.

I really liked the way the mobile website came out because of the way that the first screen you see tells you the most important information instantly. Creating a really strong information hierarchy.

I started by swapping the College of art logo for straight text in the brand typeface. This is a lot more legible but I don't think the different text sizes work very well. They create a strange one sided visual texture that seems very busy on the page.


To allow for this and construct a more effective information hierarchy I shrunk the date placard but tried to maintain the type size so that that visual texture shown in the earlier images is avoided.

There is a slight alteration in the mobile website to allow for this change on the website and still made the quirky exact information hierarchy that I liked so much before.

No comments:

Post a comment