Sunday 7 December 2014

OUGD504 Studio Brief 04 Augmented Design Limitations of Layer App Study Task 12


In order to get better acquainted with the Layer technology and how I could use the app hypothetically in my advertising campaign.
This is a screen grab of the app and it works surprisingly well but there are limitations and drawbacks that I wouldn't have known if I hadn't have done this. The phone has to be held very still to successfully scan the image. This would mean that the location of any interactive print will need to be considered. People will not bother to stop and scan a poster if they just get in the way of other people on a narrow pedestrian path. You also need a relatively good internet connection to load some of the large files that are connected to the designs. To a certain extent this will be mediated by the good 3G and 4G access in most city's including Norwich. However, people are not going to wait forever for their content to load. So, I am considering locating my adds in small cafe's and restaurants that would have wifi or cloud access and would also be the sort of areas my target audience would definitely eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment