Monday 29 December 2014

OUGD504 Studio Brief 04 Augmente Design Coaster Design

Putting together the coaster was very simple. Simply a matter of using layers in photoshop and choosing the area of the photo that I wanted to show.
I did hit a snag with the first landscape I chose. I found that it just looked very edited and artificial. I tried unifying the layers with adjustment layers but it didn't seem to work. I then switched to a lighter bleached image that seemed to fit better with the light on the wood. This works much better and fits with the walk detailed in the insert design. 

I included the tag line for the campaign as I did for the insert design and also the layer symbol, to ensure that there would be space for it. I spent some time trying to get the tone of voice of the design right; brusque yet playful, and I feel I have achieved this. I also thought it useful to have a small note about the layer interactivity, just so people don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment