Tuesday 24 March 2015

OUGD503 Responsive Brief 02 Collaborative Practice Evaluation

Working collaboratively has always been something that I have enjoyed and this project was no exception. Roz and myself are very compatible working partners and this has meant that we managed a lot in a very short amount of time. There was full communication between us which meant that the balance of work that each of use did was fairly balanced. I also love the energy that working with someone else provides, the positives are  amplified, the highs are higher and the lows are less disparaging. All in all a great experience. The idea generation was a stage that was tricky, having a third member at that stage in the brief was incredibly useful and provided the insight that we needed. However, loosing one of our members was a bit difficult. It meant that by the time Fran left we had already set out to do a large amount of work, it was pretty much impossible to reduce this without compromising the quality of out submission. This meant that we had a lot to do in a short amount of time. More than anything I am surprised that we managed to do all of this and incredibly proud that we did. One aspect of the design that took a lot of thought and time was creating a cohesive blend of Roz and I's illustration styles and creating depth in the game, I think we have managed to achieve this simply through a willingness to compromise. This took a lot of work with colours which I had not really gone into much depth with before. I struggled a lot with this because it is something that normally builds up with experience. However, this is one thing that I really feel I have gained through this brief; the confidence to experiment with colour more in the further and trust my instincts. Although not all the colour is great or perfect, it is definitely well considered and learning form the experience is really all I can ask for.


No comments:

Post a Comment