Monday 2 May 2016

OUGD603 Extended Practice Brief 01 SU Part 3 Staff and Student Awards Final Designs and Evaluation




Evaluation:

One thing I am most pleased with is the continuity of the designs across the different certificates. The control over the colour pallet not only helped to create the hierarchy that I have mentioned previously but also to link closely each design to the others as well as the promotional material that has already been produced. This was a major necessity of the certificates. The visual connection to the trophies also creates a strong sense of cohesiveness which is exactly what the SU wanted. If I were to do the brief again I would have done a test print. However, I had a print slot that was made way in advance for other briefs and I set the deadline as a task for my self. A fast turn over will always cause difficulties at the production stage. However, they could have been a lot worse and I spotted the problem (the maximum print area on and A3 sheet, when the print is being framed) before more than one had been printed. So disaster was avoided!



No comments:

Post a Comment