Saturday 14 May 2016

OUGD603 Extended Practice Brief 03 Botanical Collaboration Designing Posters

As an expansion of the publication that Jess and myself created I went on to make up a few poster design to see how it could be advertised. Because of the high end nature of the publication, the context for the advertisements was difficult to work out. However, I settled on a rustic poster in studio /art shop context.

Using the season pages as a starting point along with the tagline I came up with for the publication in general. I came up with the lines at the top of each poster pinning down each season. I used  the grid of thirds I used for the publication interior but more flexibly, allowing for the shape and size of the illustrations.



However, I also wanted to look at how the designs could remain high end in a more everyday setting, should the publication develop to a wider audience later on in its life.






No comments:

Post a Comment