Thursday 8 October 2015

OUGD603 Extended Practice Brief 02 Love Rouge Chalkboard Changing Illustration Style

Because I have developed a decoration style from the patterns on the crockery at Love Rouge Cafe that uses a soft shaded approach I needed to re-visit the cupcake visual that I developed earllier and soften it to fit with the new additions to the design.
I have come up with this softer addition of colour at the very to of the cup. Using the edge of a fresh peice of chalk a feathered effect to fade out the colour in the same way as the details of the leaf pattern.

I have also attempted to fix the chalk with both fixative spray and hair spray. However, both of these (because of the wet nature of such things) make the chalk fade, which will not be useful in any way. I have found that allowing the chalk to set over night at a constant temperature helps it to stick longer, even though it is not a permanent solution, it is a cmpromise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment