Friday 12 February 2016

OUGD601 Brief 01 SU Part 1 Freshers The Week (Chalkboard and a Measure of Success)

On the day of the freshers fair I got a good chance to see the different applications that the SU had put my branding to and measure the success of my designs. Although the intake of the first year students was higher this year, there was a much higher percentage uptake of the freshers fair event. If that is not a measure of the success of my designs then I don't know what is.
I was also asked to do a chalk board design for the freshers fair, which turned into a sort of live illustration. This was a great chance to try out my chalk boarding skills. They wanted something separate to the branding lettering that was the first thing people saw upon entering the fair. I got to talk to a number of people about the guide and got an over-whelmingly positive response


The SU used the Guidelines I sent them to create a selection of banners for the freshers week decorations.

I also updated the chalkboard for the terrace party event as well which offered a nice continuity to the events.


Another way to measure the success of these designs was the proliferation of the branded tote bags. I have seen them all over leeds and that seems to suggest that people like them and have interacted with the designs on an active level.

No comments:

Post a Comment