Wednesday 14 January 2015

OUGD503 Responsive Wallpaper Brief Finished Illustration

I had to put this project to one side during the submission of module OUGD504 and so I found my self working to the deadline of the competition a bit. However, I finished the repeat and scanned it in using the A2 scanner downstairs in the digital print resource. I had some trouble matching the two parts of the repeat together because the repeat was still too big for the A2 scanner. However, with some help I found the photo matching tool on photoshop which made short work of my problem. 

I really like the colour of the stock in the scan, an unexpected bonus, it has a softness to the off white colouring that works well with the etching like illustration.

Despite my efforts with the illustration, I had some trouble matching up the repeat of the wallpaper and had to play around with it quite a lot to work. I uses numerous layers to nudge each side of the repeat in different directions.

After hours of work and re touching of the repeat I got to a stage where it had to do. and I am quite happy with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment