Wednesday 14 January 2015

OUGD503 Responsive Wallpaper Brief Drawing the Repeat

I took a lot of practice and trial and error to get an outline of the repeat that worked properly. I used layers of different tracing paper over the seems to the design to get the lines to flow as seamlessly as possibly from one side of the repeat to the other.

Once I had done this I had the outlines of my pattern and I used the light box to trace it across onto some more substantial paper that could take the amount of scratching and ink that the illustration would use.

When it came to the final pattern I ended up taking out the smallest of the jellyfish in the astern because I felt it would be complex enough in its visual texture with the intricate style of illustration I am pursuing.




No comments:

Post a Comment